Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Subconscious Sermon



I often write down my dreams.  Most of the dreams seem very personal and important for my own personal growth.  However, every now and then there comes a dream that I feel I need to share.  I had a dream last night that I was sitting in the pews of my old church, listening to a church service.  Each time I tried to look at the pastor, he would shift in appearance, making it impossible to grasp what he specifically looked like.  He was giving a lecture that sounded almost “New Age”, which was making many of the conservative church members become very uneasy. 

First, he was talking about the universe and how all if it works to send humanity messages at appropriate times throughout history.  There was going to be an upcoming message, as indicated by the aligning of a bunch of major star systems that went way out into the depths of the universe.  As he was talking about this, he explained us by showing a holographic display of the cosmos.  All around us floated minor and major star systems in a vast depth of space.  Zooming out, we saw earth and then the aligning of many different stars, at least seven, that pointed in a direct course to our planet.  The furthest star out was a major star in the Capricorn system.  When this star came into final alignment, a great realization would become apparent to all of mankind.

During this lecture on the cosmos, many of the conservative church members gasped and shut down their minds at such information.  However, the pastor went on to a second part of the sermon.  He spoke about the realization that would befall mankind, which was that we are God.  At this, many of the church members started shifting in their seats, becoming very uncomfortable.  The pastor continued, saying that this realization will mean nothing if we can’t embody the life of Christ.  For, there is no point in knowing that you are God unless you intend on saving the world like Jesus did.  For a great many people, this realization will be more of a burden than a blessing, empowering them with a false ego rather than a spiritual understanding of their connection to all and the divine.  He concluded that unless we act like Jesus, trying to save the world, we may as well keep our current thoughts of identity, that we are merely human.  For there is no point in being God if you aren’t going to try to save the world.  If you can’t handle this concept, understanding and responsibility, then keep the image of human and continue to be part of the failing world that we have created for ourselves. 

With this being said, the sermon was over.  The next thing I knew, I was at a family party and he was in the bathroom.  I spoke to him from the room outside, again never seeing him and only hearing him.  He told me that I could ask him any question I wanted, so long as it was a question and not a comment or opinion about something.  There was nothing he can do with preconceived notions about topics or ideas.  Rather, he was strictly there to answer questions of sincere curiosity.  The moment I asked a question with a bias or preconceived notion of response, was the moment that I would stop learning the truth.  Then, the dream was over.

In analyzing this dream, I found two things curious.  First, I imagine that the pastor was a form of my subconscious, since I was never actually able to see him and was only able to hear him.  Second, after searching up information about Capricorn, it is interesting that it resides from the dates of December 22, to January 19, the time period strongly related to the birth of Christ.

Furthermore, I find the following information about Capricorn very fascinating and relatable to my dream: Many astrologers consider Capricorn to be the most enigmatic and mysterious sign of the zodiac. All of the cardinal signs indicate seats of power and in a creature with the forelimbs of a goat attached to the tail of a fish, the abyss of the ocean is combined with mountainous terrain. This represents a 'cross of matter' between the psyche and its manifestation in the material, drawing the soul out of its collective stupor to confront the challenges of reality and individualism. The ocean, besides symbolizing primordial roots, relates to instinctive wisdom, secrets, and knowledge that lies buried within the depths of consciousness. Capricorn, bearing only the tail of an aquatic creature, keeps a head that is free from impressionable thought - at a rational level Capricorns are affected only by what they can define through logic and reasoned assessment, but unconsciously, spiritually and emotionally they draw from the deep.

Finally, Bob Marley’s “One Love” was on repeat in my mind when I awoke, specifically these lyrics:
Let's get together to fight this Holy Armagiddyon
So when the Man comes there will be no, no doom.
Have pity on those whose chances grows t'inner;
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation.

I believe that it is time we collectively act more like Christ, start to love each other as God would, and save this world from human destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment