Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Perfect Flaws



The lotus flower
that never breaks
the glassy power
of pristine lakes
is not less
than those who breach
to impress
men on the beach.

What are my flaws?
Everything.
Yet, they are blahs
that make me sing.
I'm not too tall,
I'm not too strong,
but, all in all,
there's nothing wrong.

If I were taller,
I'd bump my head.
If I were smaller,
I'd climb the bed.
If I had strength
I'd show it off.
If I were weak,
people would scoff.

Compared to others,
I am lacking,
but, my brothers,
you are slacking,
for while you judge
yourself to me
I surpass such sludge
and am set free.

I love my flaws!
They're who I am.
I have no cause
to be Iron Man.
Don't you see?
They are the blessings
that enhance me
like salad dressings.

The tree that grows
short and stout
is one who knows
it will hold out
against the men
who tend to chop
down his friends
that reached the top.



Copyright 2015. JourneyHolm. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment