Saturday, June 17, 2017

One False Step




Slowly inching my way to the edge of this incredible lookout just outside Chattanooga, TN, my heart began to race and blood pulsed through my veins. Knowing that one false step would send me plummeting hundreds of feet below was enough to instill primitive fears throughout my senses. I got down on my belly and slithered the rest of the way to the edge. The other side was the sheer face of the mountain, a steep cliff with no remorse. I inched my way back toward a safe distance from the edge. I marveled at the beauty of the lookout, gazing across cities, valleys, rivers, and more mountains. They say that on a clear day you can see six states from this vantage point. It was a hazy morning, but breathtakingly beautiful nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment